Wednesday, June 1, 2022

ASLAN (THE BRIGANDS GO THE OTHER WAY)

to Jesus Christ, the Lion of Judah, the only Messiah, the only Saviour of mankind

===========================================

the brigands go the other way

calumny stares, stone-statue dead

at the white-frost crossroads


in my head

suddenly everything

turned to song.


white flowers staunched

the senseless wounds

where late and long my soul had bled

and I cannot relate to you

how suddenly the winter fled.


everything suddenly turned to song

the hand upraised struck down

at last


and evil's anvil hatched and passed

flowed by You into

silver stars


I wept at Your bright armies; 

and I could only bow my head

when

wolfish sorrows stalked away


and shadow-puppet Scorn

knew Dread


suddenly everything turned to song

like a forever Easter-tide

and we were finally by Your side


and couldn't be overthrown-


mary angela douglas 7 february 2010


*Aslan: the figure of Christ in C.S. Lewis' fantasy, Narnia

No comments:

Post a Comment

WORDS AND MUSIC LATELY

  mirage like music comes and goes oh beautiful mirror beyond the sing along that the heart can't help but gaze upon but the words fail ...