Monday, June 6, 2022

I LOST THE COLORS OF GIOTTO


to my grandparents

 

I lost the colors of Giotto: 

the steady pouring of

earnest angels; the

forerunning fuchsia

of generations of light


and fountaining ardor.


I lost the sorrowless

carmine quiet, the

rectitude of stars lapped

in lapis lazuli


the indigo stairwell of clouds.


I lost the olive branching, the

sweet cerulean days; the small

birds gathered in the lemon wind; 


I lost my place at the shell pink window

and grieved for the shimmering ladder, 

misplaced; 

through the vacant castle I sought so many things

but the way was fused I lost

the sunset aureoles

the unchastening wing

then it seemed that I lost Earth

and all my tears flowed upwards

in the Space where you were not: I lost

the sundial in the shade


of your last rose


mary angela douglas 5 june 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

WORDS AND MUSIC LATELY

  mirage like music comes and goes oh beautiful mirror beyond the sing along that the heart can't help but gaze upon but the words fail ...