Saturday, June 18, 2022

MY HEART AS A KITE





what shall I do with my heart made of pink

paper

pink wrapping paper, glossy over a kite frame

it flies

as if it wanted to drift with pink clouds

toward Heaven

as if its pinkness qualified it to be in that

flock

the clouds know better and the

rose billed egrets

they are more unfettered

goodbye, clouds. my pink kite heart sighs

coming down in the rosebeds or

in a pale green meadow because that is the way
we

wanted to make our poem like a picture book

story

it lands softly, my heart. it misses the

clouds already

the might have been of the egrets

and blending in.

but we have to buy groceries now so I reeled

it in

I being in this case, my mind or is it my will

or something else that likes gravy and mashed

potatoes

but chooses sweet potatoes frozen instead.

ah well that's enough said.


one birthday morning we will rise

my heart and I on quite the rosy day

flinging the string to the ground

able at least to reach the ozone

and at last, God.

who has watched our progress with interest

past the seed pearls of the stars

he has scattered graciously

to light our way.

mary angela douglas 20 november 2020;18 june 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

WORDS AND MUSIC LATELY

  mirage like music comes and goes oh beautiful mirror beyond the sing along that the heart can't help but gaze upon but the words fail ...