Tuesday, June 7, 2022

THE SNOW SLEDGE DRIVES THROUGH LACQUERED LANDS

 

the snow sledge drives through lacquered lands

and I have lost my way again

biting in half for sustenance


the raspberry chill of former syllables.

Anna Akhmatova: you are in my heart


but the Snow Maid's pastel musings still

could vanish overnight in any country where

darkness singes, mimics light since

beauty is always melting here on earth.


and sometimes by decree.


Anna Akhmatova, you are in my heart

even though I am hardly Russian

and I don't know why your


white flocks have been driven to

my door as though seeking shelter-

in every weather your especial Firebird gleams


fiercely above these scenes of quite human

distress where with each fresh travesty you

do need air to breathe and poetry


to remember who you are

even when burned beyond recognition, 

Anna Akhmatova or

standing in the ruins or in


the snow-clouded hands of God-


mary angela douglas 9 september 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

WORDS AND MUSIC LATELY

  mirage like music comes and goes oh beautiful mirror beyond the sing along that the heart can't help but gaze upon but the words fail ...